Derivavision - a Creativision clone

Discuss the CreatiVision hardware: models, revisions, fixing, hacking and modding.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Derivavision - a Creativision clone

Post by MADrigal » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:17 am

OMG that's an excellent post and what an achievement!
There are a few inaccuracies in the historic part - just in case you wish to amend them
1. the Japanese CreatiVision was sold through Cheryco not VTech
2. there is a commercial US NTSC CreatiVision version, probably produced in a handful of units and no distributor known, so it's probably just an attempt to enter into the US market. I also own a prototype of that NTSC variant
3. it is worth mentioning the CreatiVision MK2 that has different wirings and allows the use of external peripherals such as the Colecovision adaptor (never released for the CV however the MK2 variant was engineered for that purpose)
4. Salora did not produce the Manager. VTech did: that was the Laser 2001. Salora rebranded it. Laser 2001 sold in Germany through Sanyo Computers but in a very limited amount. It sold more in Finland through Salora. Laser 2001 was designed and presented in 1983. The Manager variant came the year after.
5. VZ-2000 is likely just a prototype. 2 only seen so far on Ebay photos and are somehow related to a French magazine that reviewed it. Likely never hit the market but was meant for the French market only
6. Funvision is by VTech. Sold in Australia only through Dick Smith (yep, so in a Dick Smith Electronics store you would find Wizzard and Funvision on sale at the same time)
7. Educat-2002 is a rebadged Creativision for the Israeli market only, sold/imported through the local department of education

Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:09 am

Hi,
I tried to import the Kicad files to EasyEDA but still failed.
leadedsolder

Post by leadedsolder » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:14 pm

I will make the edits! Thanks for fixing the misinfo.
Mobsie wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:09 am
Hi,
I tried to import the Kicad files to EasyEDA but still failed.
It's KiCad7, so maybe the EasyEDA importer hasn't updated for the new version?