Emulation questions

Discuss the games, programs, utilities... and vaporware!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Emulation questions

Post by MADrigal » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:47 am

They have gone no far at all. I have just sent them the ROM dumps for testing, right 3-4 days ago. I am pretty sure that no one has ever done anything with those ROM dumps.

I will send you the dumps with a few notes on them, via email. Just in case you may find any use in it, I will also send you the BITeditor, that may turn out useful for changing bits and making tests with bytes variations.

Please allow me 1-2 hours to arrange the email.
@username@

Post by @username@ » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:28 pm

Another BASIC listing fix - Statistics 1 Part 3

The Salora Manager Keyboard Scan Matrix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:39 pm

@username@ wrote:As you appear to have easy access to your CV, would you be interested in helping me update SM Bloader to include the CV wave format?
Would that involve recording sound files to tape recorder and then play those back on the CreatiVision with BASIC? I don't have any nifty interface to connect an external sound source directly to the console, but I suppose I can dig out a mono tape recorder and use as a middle source for loading PC generated content.
@username@

Post by @username@ » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:29 pm

@carlsson - not to worry - it sounds like it would be a bit of a pain your end. I'm sure someone will have an audio interface they can tag to the PC.

@mobsie
Mobsie wrote:From my testing this:
LDA #0
ROM:B00E STA $3001
ROM:B011 LDA #$80 ; 'Ç'
ROM:B013 STA $3001
ROM:B016 LDA #1
ROM:B018 STA $3001
ROM:B01B LDA #$87 ; 'ç'
ROM:B01D STA $3001

works because they first send the #0 and then the needed information
Ok - I think you are a little confused. Sending anything when the VDP is out of sync is not going to fix it.

The VDP uses a very basic protocol of two command bytes. When you send the first command byte, the latch flag is set, when you send the second it is cleared and the requested operation is performed. The only way to bring an out-of-sync VDP back in line is to read the status register - because it clears the latch flag, thus resetting the protocol. This is why you need to disable interrupts before updating the two byte control packet, in case you send one and the interrupt reads status in between - now you are out-of-sync again.
Mobsie wrote:And the delay of 8cy is right, but i hate to see NOP`s in an program
This is personal opinion, to me, if it makes it 3 times quicker - bring on the NOPs, or whatever you want to do to spin 8cy!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:58 pm

@username@ wrote:Another BASIC listing fix - Statistics 1 Part 3

The Salora Manager Keyboard Scan Matrix.
Will download and check them later. Thanks.
@username@

Post by @username@ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:49 pm

New version - 150120, on sf page.

Integration of both Salora Manager and Laser 2001 is complete. The only outstanding issue is the timing for CLOAD/BLOAD etc. The PIA IRQ2 is used to signal the Y counts, which have a tiny margin of +8/+7 - which is difficult to make consistent in emulation "time".

For now, it loads CAS files through native file handling.

To enable the Salora Manager, use -3, for Laser 2001, use -3 -b laser2001.rom

Note that snapshot files have changed. They are a little bigger to accomodate the 8 mux keys.

To save space, snapshots are now gzipped.

Enjoy!
Last edited by @username@ on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:16 pm

Great news indeed!
@username@

Post by @username@ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:16 am

Well, it's been a while!

I am currently trying to incorporate network play for two players.

Hopefully, the documentation will explain how to use it, but feel free to post any questions here.

SF Link - https://sourceforge.net/projects/creati ... t/download

Merry Christmas everyone!
Last edited by @username@ on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:15 pm

COOL!
@username@

Post by @username@ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:22 pm

Attached is a WIP of the emulator, including the corrected joystick positions for BASIC to report positions 1 through 8.
The arrow keys still work as before, but you can now use the numeric keypad 1, 3, 9 and 7 for diagonals.

There are still some changes to do - so a full release will not be available till then.

However, source code has been updated on SF if you are interested in the joy positions etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.