Emulation questions

Discuss the games, programs, utilities... and vaporware!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Emulation quesions

Post by MADrigal » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:18 pm

So I suppose you think I've been rude? Really?

The first thing I wrote was that your emulator was *great* (sent comment via email) and very useful.

Then on the forum I wrote "I have a request to the author: would you consider the idea of changing the name of your emulator? "Creativision emulator" doesn't sound cool."

I never wrote that your software sucks, I wrote the *name* is not cool. And you seem'd to agree as you replied "it's not supposed to".

The problem is that *you* started teasing me for my harmless post, and your'e keeping on doing this regularly. I feel that this is *very* unrespectful for me, as I was just *asking* for your opinion on changing the name. Do you really feel offended by such a question?

Everybody is more than welcome here, as well as they're willing to discuss peacefully. In my opinion you're too touchy and you're getting angry for nothing. Just my opinion of course.

Sorry if I offended you in any manner. Of course I didn't want to. But I expect you to understand that you've been more than offensive with all your sarcastic posts.
@username@

Post by @username@ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Ok, how about we call a truce. I agree not to interfere with how you run here, you agree not to interfere in what I do? Sound fair?

The only things I ask you is to apply the same rules to everyone, regardless of how long they have been here. Sound fair too?

Also, I hope you can smile and maybe laugh at the irony - I certainly do. When folks ask, "How's the Emulator going?" I reply, "It's not cool" - we laugh and it becomes a talking point.

So, there's no malice intended, but the tagline of "The Not Cool Creativision Emulator", which is top in SEO, it's somewhat amusing.

Peace.
Kym.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:38 am

TRUCE is perfect: The Really Uncool Creativision Emulator. It's a great name for your software haha! :D

Btw I dont think I interfered with your work at all. I would like to contribute in some way, but I'm still too busy studying English these days, and loads of things to do. I'm planning to take your source code by the end of November, and make a few additions to it. I wish I have the time btw.
@username@

Post by @username@ » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:20 am

MADrigal wrote:I would like to contribute in some way, but I'm still too busy studying English these days, and loads of things to do. I'm planning to take your source code by the end of November, and make a few additions to it. I wish I have the time btw.
Contributions are very welcome. If there's an error with emulation, or indeed some mistake in the code, I'd respectfully ask that you follow protocol, and open a ticket. If there's a problem in the emulation, the community is much better served by validation. By this I mean, educate us in a transparent manner, why game X does not work and why solution Y works.

Until we have a stable emulator, I'd really prefer we focus on that. Once it's correct, we can add fluff by the bucket :)

With mirroring, I am now 100% convinced the problem was caused by the previous emulators deciding that CPU_RESET and IRQ_NMI were the same. By wrongly doing CPU_RESET, I can simulate the random colours, misreads and miswrites. The only early ROM I see reading the wrong address is BASIC82. So perhaps a way forward would be to clean up the original dumps, try to get some new ones, and compare.

I fully understand how these 'myths' get perpetuated, and probably started some myself on other consoles! We need progress, so we agree to a certain condition being fact, only to discover two or three years later - we could not be further away from reality :).
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:04 pm

on one of my MacPro, i use for my VPS hosting, i have made a setup with 10 VirtualBox PC`s with different windows version. Here i have running the actual emu version with 10 different games for more then 8 hours now. No crash or error.
jvaltane

Post by jvaltane » Fri May 16, 2014 9:22 am

I compiled Creativisionemulator with Linux. Added simple Makefile. It works great with 64bit Debian so far.

I'll make better patch. I think there should be added at least some automated system for endianness testing.

@username@: When patch is ready, would you like to check/review it? ...and possibly add changes to svn? I'll try not to break Win build.
- Joni
@username@

Post by @username@ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Finally, having had time to leave the old Raspberry Pi compiling SDL 2.0.3, the binary is at last available!

Get it here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/creativ ... z/download
Merry Christmas Pi Owners!
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi, thank you thats cool!
I will try on my Pi, then on my CuBox i2eXw Dualcore.
@username@

Re: Emulation questions

Post by @username@ » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:01 pm

While testing on the Pi, I discovered a bug in the music buffer of the emulator.

It has now been corrected and updated to 0.2.8b

Binaries are included for Windows x86 and x86-64, linux x86 and x86-64, and of course, the Raspberry Pi.
@username@

Re: Emulation questions

Post by @username@ » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:13 pm

What's new in 0.2.9
  • Completely new sound core - Raspberry Pi now plays at 48khz
    ROM mirroring replaced with AND masking
    New developer switch -g to load ROMs in linear mode - no more cut and splice
    Screen borders are displayed
Binaries for Windows, Linux and Raspberry Pi are online now!