CSL Cart preview

Discuss the games, programs, utilities... and vaporware!
Mobsie

Re: CSL Cart preview

Post by Mobsie » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:16 am

@username@ wrote:
Mobsie wrote: Let's hope it transfers into interest in the CSL and all other things creativision.
Yes, people ask very often about my stuff and please to finish my games. Also ask about the CSL. Is for example from AtariAge and other places.
@username@

Post by @username@ » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:04 pm

MADrigal wrote:I would include the emulator on the CVemu website "downloads" page with the next scheduled website update, if it's ok for you. Or I can just put a link to the SF page, if you prefer.
A link to sf is best. This is because I do update it from time to time, and keep trying to improve it, so it's a constantly moving target as far as releases go.

On my next break I will be looking at how to finally fix the VDP for the undocumented modes etc.

Attached is a modified FunnyMu which has the added binary load function on F8.

It's compiled statically for Win32 x86.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:46 pm

@username@ wrote:A link to sf is best. This is because I do update it from time to time, and keep trying to improve it, so it's a constantly moving target as far as releases go.
I do agree, that's the same I do with my handheld games simulators.
@username@ wrote:Attached is a modified FunnyMu which has the added binary load function on F8.

It's compiled statically for Win32 x86.
I'll try it later, thanks!
@username@

Post by @username@ » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Attached are the latest corrections in the listings file.

The lasersm file contains the converted listings and my little tool for conversion.

To load pipeline, you will need 0.2.9.7 - which I will try and get binaries online later tonight.

It will also enable loading of SMBLoad CAS files.

Hint: check the sig :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:00 am

Wow thanks very much for the .cas files and the revised listings, and utility!
I will immediately post the listings on the CVEmu website.
With the next website update I'll definitely add a new section for the "creatiVision Emulator" and mention the utilities as well.

PS: what's new in 0.2.9.4? Did you add a feature to convert multi-load games into a single .cas file? Is this the reason why Pipeline has 2 .bas file and 1 only .cas file?
@username@

Post by @username@ » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:01 pm

MADrigal wrote:PS: what's new in 0.2.9.4? Did you add a feature to convert multi-load games into a single .cas file? Is this the reason why Pipeline has 2 .bas file and 1 only .cas file?
In 0.2.9.7 there is a new -k switch. This is specifically for the BASIC listings. It instructs the emulator to patch the VPOKE routine to include the missing ORA #$C0, without it One Armed Bandit and others will not display correctly.

The cassette handling has changed to allow for multi-part games, or cartridge-on-cassette loading. F4 has been chosen is the key to rewind the tape.

I have also changed the printer output - to try and stop the extra CR on windows.

To make a multi-part cassette for MS-BASIC is just concatenate them together. In BASIC-82/83 it gets a little more interesting. The save routine sends out two copies of the EOS packet - which the load routine only ever reads the first one and stops. However, the virtual tape stops too!
What this means is that in simply joined CV files - it will fail as it sees a blank packet - or EOS :)

The solution is to simply remove the terminator from the last EOS, then join.

I will probably put together a utility to do this at some point, but for now here's Factory Flare-Up and the CV demo tapes.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Got the new .cas files. Thanks very much! Little by little, the BASIC listings archive is increasing in compatibility! :)