Cartridge ROM mapping

Discuss the games, programs, utilities... and vaporware!
Mobsie

Re: Cartridge ROM mapping

Post by Mobsie » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:09 am

Scouter3d wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:15 pm

The MK II cartridgeport misses:
PIN 17: A15 (replaced by /CSW)
PIN 18: A14 (replaced by /CSR)
PIN 36: +12V (replaced by "switch to external CPU" signal)
This external CPU make me always dream if it possible to put my favorite CPU the 65816 on an expansion.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:50 pm

Well you can run a Z80 (colecovision converter) so I assume you can run any cpu
kevgal

Post by kevgal » Thu May 04, 2023 1:56 am

@username@ wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:06 am
OK - update 1 with AutoCRUN and CR added when LOADING PROGRAM.
Gday @username@, I've converted most of the Basic programs to cart but a few are behaving oddly. They go into a continuous scroll mode as if a button is held down. If I don't enable autocrun and manually type CRUN and CR they work okay. Also some of the multi load games like Grand Fathers Gold use 'CRUN,N' commands which don't work with the patched CRUN. I've changed them to CRUN only but this gives strange results to the display.
Could the patched CRUN be trying to display the listing? Should the AutoCRUN behave like CRUN,N?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
(examples attached)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
@username@

Post by @username@ » Sat May 06, 2023 10:47 am

Here's an update!

Quick fix is to remove the LOADING PROGRAM and mark EOI for games like Bowling.

Unfortunately I am working away from home for next month or two - so can only investigate on weekends.

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevgal

Post by kevgal » Mon May 08, 2023 3:15 am

@username@ wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 10:47 am
Here's an update!

Quick fix is to remove the LOADING PROGRAM and mark EOI for games like Bowling.

Unfortunately I am working away from home for next month or two - so can only investigate on weekends.

Cheers!
Well I must say I'm disappointed that you prioritise earning a living over bug testing an obscure game console from the 80's ;)
Thanks again for this awesome update, Grandfathers Gold is now working okay too.
Still have a weird issue with Factory Flareup. It starts okay but then the graphics get corrupted once a trolley is dumped. Also couldn't convert ff3.bas to cas as it would stall at line 5790. Had to extract fflare3.cas from from fflare.cas. So something odd happening between fflare2 and fflare3
No a big deal since this is the only one not working now!
Cheers
@username@

Post by @username@ » Mon May 15, 2023 6:13 am

Here's a new simplified utility, it just needs ASCII BASIC listings.

Enjoy.
kevgal

Post by kevgal » Fri May 19, 2023 12:47 pm

Another awsome update! This utilility makes it so easy to add programs.I like the way it can span the memory in the middle of the 32k area so the 20k of free memory can be used as one continuos section. I can now get over 30 basic games into 8 32k blocks.
Still a few odd things though.
Factory Flare up works fine too (but needs the CHAR character for LF replaced at line 5780)
Had to remove line 1250 from 'Letter Guesser.bas' to get it to work (very strange as its basically the same program as 'Number Guesser' which works okay')
'Kapooka' ran out of space so had to remove some REM statment lines to get it to work.
Also doesnt seem to like more than 6 slots.
Thanks again.
@username@

Post by @username@ » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:29 am

Quick update to abrom to include linear loading for the latest batch of homebrew on MultiCart.