Games that are missing in action?

Discuss the games, programs, utilities... and vaporware!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Games that are missing in action?

Post by MADrigal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Other vaporware:

* Othello
announced in Video Giochi special issue "Annuario 1984" from 12/1983

* Pharaoh's Curse
same as above. Probably planned for CreatiVision but never released. It Was released for Atari 2600 by VTech under the Technovision label
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Heh, back in May last year you wrote that my list of vaporware probably was complete, and now you remember two more titles on the list. :lol:

So if we leave out the first Pinball and the "Ga..." game, it would make at least 9 vaporware titles of which some might be identical to later titles but with an earlier working name or simply fake alltogether to make the library look larger. Given that the known library of commercial cartridges contains 18 titles, of which the Crazy games are variations of eachother, Deep Sea Adventure is a rework of Planet Defender and I'm counting BASIC as a game, it means more than 1/3 of the possibly planned games (hm, this is getting tricky to keep apart "real vaporware" from "fake vaporware") never got released to our knowledge.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:21 pm

You see, when I read about Othello and Pharaoh's Curse on Video Giochi, I thought it was just Zanussi to claim that CreatiVision was still ongoing.

But reading that Pharaoh's Curse was really produced by VTech, brings new life to the vaporware list! So, I would also include the 2 games. In my opinion they were actually planned but never released for the CreatiVision.

But from my memory, some programmer recently programmed an almost complete version of Othello. Do you know that programmer? :D