Creativision at various expos

Tell us whatever CreatiVision-related story you want!
carlsson

Creativision at various expos

Post by carlsson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Last weekend I visited the VCF-GB / Silicon Dreams held at Snibson, Coalville, Leicestershire, UK. I'm pleased to say that among all the 50+ various computers and consoles they had on display, the Creativision/Wizzard was represented with cassette recorder and movable keyboard.

I don't have any record whether more people stopped to play on that one than any of the other systems, but there were a couple far more common systems not present. For example I'm unsure if I saw either an Intellivision, a Colecovision or a TI-99/4A. Also the British computer Oric (any model) was absent, but I suppose those putting together the exhibition brought what they got.

For a full photo album, you're welcome to check this link: http://anders.sfks.se/bilder.php?album=26
Last edited by carlsson on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Creativision at the VCF-GB

Post by MADrigal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:59 pm

This is a nice news indeed! :-)

What pleases me is that the console played one of our Multicarts. I really have no idea which collector brought the Multicart to the exhibition.

If you had noted the Multicart serial number I would be able to tell you who's the owner. :)
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:09 pm

As far as I understood, the lion part of the collection was brought by Retro V20 Gaming, an entity that I don't find much information about on the Internet but I exchanged some words with the guy who owned it all. It might've been StarshipUK, but I'm not entirely sure.
mr_bogus

Post by mr_bogus » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Wasn't me! But that is great news :)
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:10 pm

I'm sad to say we didn't find any empty space for me to showcase a Creativision at Retrogathering the other week. :(

In practise it probably didn't matter much, as the only gaming systems to permanently attract visitors were Nintendo Famicom and NES. Other earlier systems including Fairchild Channel F, Atari 2600, Videopac G7000, Intellivision, ColecoVision etc mainly were left to their own destiny in the room of 30 mostly different machines. Thus perhaps my Creativision unit was just as well sleeping in its box than sitting on a table and nobody would pay much attention for eight hours. Better luck next year, by when there perhaps will be some new homebrew to showcase and make a thing about it.
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:08 pm

:(
But i think CreatiVision is different and people will look because most don`t know. But yes next year we will have some homebrew.
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:08 pm

Now my secondary CV has showcased at Retrogathering 2015 Winter Edition. I'm not sure how many people played it during the day, but at least it handled being powered on for ten hours without terrible overheating or crashing. Due to all the CRT TV's were used up, I had to settle with a friend's LCD TV for this time around.
cv_at_rg2015we.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.