Milan Games Week Retro - 24-26 October 2014

Tell us whatever CreatiVision-related story you want!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Milan Games Week Retro - 24-26 October 2014

Post by MADrigal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Hello,

I have been an active part in the Milan Games Week - "Retro" pavilion last weekend.

The fair was an all-round one with thousands of boys playing next-generation games, but there were also nice additions, such as the Italian videogames developers conferences and demos, and the "Retro" pavilion where I was located.

I have brought the CreatiVision with me, with the newly bought "Multirom" cartridge made by the TrevisoRC staff.

It was a huge success. The CreatiVision was continuously played by very young and older people, and Crazy Pucker was the most popular game, in "2-players versus" mode. At the end of each day (after 8 hours of continuous playing!), the CV showed some problems because of CPU heat. But a quick reset was enough to have it working fully again. :-)

Special guest stars, my idols as a young boy: Oliver Frey and Roger Kean, founders of Crash magazine, co-founders of Zzap! magazine. Oliver is the artist beyond the wonderful cover arts of both magazines. Also, I had the opportunity to interview them. Absolutely lovely people! :-)

This is a quick selection of pictures I had taken there.

==

In addition, on the 26th October, I missed to participate the event in Milan, and moved to Bergamo, at a place called "Brusaporto" for the "Brusaretro" fair. That was focussed on vintage computing only. It's the biggest retro-fair in Italy. I also had the CreatiVision there, and allowed some people play it. No pictures of the event yet.

==

In both fairs, I gave people my home-made CD-ROMs with CreatiVision stuff such as emulator, website, archives, etc. and also my "Game & Watch Simulators" :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Milan Games Week Retro - 24-26 October 2014

Post by MADrigal » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:22 pm

10.jpg
More pics of the event...

I was given the rare opportunity to play Crazy Pucker with Roger Kean in 2-players-versus mode, for a few minutes.

And my friends and I were also given the opportunity to have our copies of Zzap!64 and Crash signed by both Oliver Frey and Roger Kean.

Here are a few pics of these unforgettable moments! :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.