Creative Computing on CreatiVision

Tell us whatever CreatiVision-related story you want!
carlsson

Re: Creative Computing on CreatiVision

Post by carlsson » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:37 am

By the way, the reference in January 1984 to the mid-range Laser 2001 which is able to run ColecoVision software (sic!) is present here. No picture of that computer though, but a picture of the Laser 3000 on the previous page. While I'm willing to accept that neither the CreatiVision nor the 2001 were properly launched in the US, did the 3000 ever sell over there? The low end 200 seems to have existed in some scale.

https://archive.org/stream/creativecomp ... 5/mode/2up
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:50 am

The time has come to include the articles you mentioned on the CVE website. Unfortunately many scans were illegible or the resolution was too low, however with some extra research I could locate a few good sources.
In the end I will add 5 articles from US magazines - amongst other stuff.
Thank you so much Anders for your conducting this research successfully - and sharing the results with us!
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Great news! In case I come across more references, I'll post them here. Last year I went through a number of Japanese computer magazines I/O which also had a gaming oriented publication, but so far I can't recall seeing anything about the Cheryco release. It also makes me wonder if Sanyo Video in Germany exclusively sold the 2001, or if it at all might be traced to Sanyo in Japan.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Maybe magazines such as Famitsu could feature articles on the CreatiVision.

I have just made contact with a couple of Israelian friends and asked them to provide names of old computing magazines that may contain articles on the Educat 2002 Creativision.

I would then ask public libraries to help locating the articles