Can someone with original CreatiVision hardware assist the MAME/MESS project in conducting some tests?

Tell us whatever CreatiVision-related story you want!
cheshirenoir

Re: Can someone with original CreatiVision hardware assist the MAME/MESS project in conducting some tests?

Post by cheshirenoir » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:17 am

OK so now I finally have a unit of my own, with luck I'll be able to test myself. @Scouter3d I plan to use your design for a C2N to Creativision adapter. Thanks for publishing it.
Scouter3d

Re: Can someone with original CreatiVision hardware assist the MAME/MESS project in conducting some tests?

Post by Scouter3d » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:17 pm

@chesirenoir i hope you get the C2N adapter working! You could also use my design for the audioboard of the CSL Cart. I still have lots of PCBs...
Rastervision

Post by Rastervision » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:43 am

Scouter3d wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:15 am
You need the split the BASIC ROM into 3*4K chunks, swap the 2 16K banks, name them correctly and place them into a correctly named folder...
From the command line, you can also do:
mame64 crvision -cart basic82a.bin

This removes the need to split it up and name it correctly.

The only time this would cause an issue is if you are using a cartridge with extra RAM, and there's probably a way to set that up from the command line also.
cheshirenoir

Post by cheshirenoir » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:39 am

BTW, I noticed today that the original MameTesters bug has been closed as they've added 16 way support. D'oh! I was so close to having the setup to test their code myself!