General vTech forum?

Tell us whatever CreatiVision-related story you want!
carlsson

General vTech forum?

Post by carlsson » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:28 pm

It struck me that while this forum will try to focus mainly on the creatiVision, are there any other forums or communities for vintage vTech/Dick Smith computers and systems in general? Like VZ-100, 200, 210, Laser 300, 500... I understand many of those were Apple II compatible and similar, so they would be better covered in those communities. Yet, in the long run if there is one off-topic brand that would belong to the forum, it would be other vTech designs.

For example, my vTech Laser 2001 (Salora Manager) is creatiVision compatible, but quite obviously has its own mode of operation too, e.g. its Basic, loading programs from tape, more RAM and so on. The other VZ and Lasers, either with 6502 or Z80 have less in common, but at least the manufacturer is the same. Just a thought...
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: General vTech forum?

Post by MADrigal » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:55 am

Dear Anders,

you just had a brilliant idea! I'll soon open a new forum on other VTech computers somewhere on this forum! :)
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Wed May 28, 2014 11:08 am

Btw, although this mainly is a Creativision forum, I would not be upset if the Marketplace was divided into one section for all VTech related gear (even including handhelds and the odd V-Smile if so mote be), and one section for all other classic video game and home computer gear. The traffic is not awfully intensive, so it is not like Creativision items would drown in the flood of Salora Manager or even VZ-220 sales.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Wed May 28, 2014 11:12 am

@Carlsson

You got the point right: the marketplace is small. The CreatiVision section is small, the "other classic systems" is even smaller (6 threads).

So what's the use of splitting it into 2 more parts? One for "other vtech systems" and "everything else" ?

Shall we have 6 threads divided into 4 + 2? :?

Also, moving "everything vtech-related" with CreatiVision stuff is not a good idea either. As you said, this is mainly a CreatiVision forum. Obviously Salora Manager and Laser 2001 stuff is very very welcome, but non-compatible stuff such as Laser 200, etc. have their own space in the "general marketplace" room.
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Wed May 28, 2014 11:22 am

Ok, I just got a bit confused when the eBay thread about the 16K expansion was moved but in reality it isn't too important where each thread lies. Perhaps we could stretch it as far as one category for all Creativision and compatible systems, and the other category for all incompatible systems. In case someone would make & sell a Colecovision expansion module that consists of a 6502, ROM and a Creativision cartridge reader, a such thread would have to be dealt with as an exception. :)
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Wed May 28, 2014 11:25 am

The fact is that the 16k expansion is not CreatiVision compatible, that's why it's not in the CreatiVision marketplace.

But I left the "trace-thread" there, so it can still be accessed through the CV marketplace. ;)
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:09 am

I have "extended" the Marketplace/Creativision forum to Laser 2001 stuff. Hope this helps keeping things tidy. ;)