Carlsson's creatiVision / Laser 2001 collection

Show off what you got! Post pictures of your CreatiVision collection here.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Carlsson's creatiVision / Laser 2001 collection

Post by MADrigal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Anders, im currently reading your impressive list, full of very very useful informations!!!

I'm also preparing a list of stuff to scan! :D
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:50 pm

In the category "odd trivia", I noticed the Statistics 1 cassette has a label on top of another, generic label. I carefully lifted the outer label to find out that it is a Sony branded tape, C60 or thereabouts. I don't know if this is original CreatiVision or if the distributor got to copy the contents onto whatever tapes they had at hand and slapped CreatiVision labels onto them.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:11 pm

I will reply your post later, now I'm listing the scans I need to complete the Swedish cartridge-related database:

Astro Pinball
box "flap-code" and scans of front + back
manual (all pages)

BASIC
box "flap-code" and informations (is it thin or thick box?)
box front +back, if different to this: http:www.madrigaldesign.it/creativemu/releas ... _cv_se.zip
manual (all pages and erratum in greyscale + front/back cover in colour)
overlays (...kidding!)

Crazy Chicky
manual "code" (last page, bottom-right corner) or new scans

Deep Sea Adventure
manual scans

Mouse Puzzle
manual scans

Tank Attack
box "flap-code" and scans of front + back

Tennis
manual scans
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Phew!!!

I finally ended checking your list of WONDERFUL findings and... yes I'm very envious hahaha! :D

Here's a full reply to your post(s)

> (Kilroy, why don't you join the forum?).

Please invite him! The more people, the better! :)

> Extra set of hand controllers, loose without any further identification

very odd item... i guess if they were sold as replacements, with box etc., or they were simply taken from broken units.

as far as i know, Dick Smith sold replacement controllers, they even had catalogue numbers. but i've never personally seen any.

> Instructions to the cassette unit, no. 91-0094-03 (no cassette unit included, but I've already got one)

wow that's very useful!! scans needed (and exact size in cm.mm of paper) :-)

> Cartridges

see list above

> I realize that VTL is just a serial number as my previously boxed cartridge games
> have the the same part numbers but different VTL numbers.

yes it's just serial numbers. my lowest serial is around 11.000 (maybe a tennis invader cart, not sure...)

> CreatiVision Demo Tape, no. 95-0088-00 (International edition, in non-standard Sony cassette cover)

no swedish sticker on it?
PS: the 95-0088-00 is not catalogue number, it's just an ID of the paper/box

> Statistics 1, no. 95-0123-01 (International edition, probably in original cassette cover)

wow what a finding!!! i really never figure it would exist in International version!

need scan of tape front + back, manual front + back (+ size in cm/mm) + WAV recording of the content

> Well, that would be all. I will go through everything more closely, combine with my already existing
> cartridges to get as complete sets as possible and then share/trade duplicates with my friend who
> by the way is on his way over here as I write. :-D

keep me in mind if you have any duplicates ;)
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:52 pm

carlsson wrote:Ordered by Swedish part numbers:
As a side note, the Laser 2001 tape version of Sonic Invader has part no. 95-0131-25 unless I previously informed Madrigal about that. In the listing it says cat no. n/a.
it's not catalogue number, it's just "part number" of the manual
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:54 pm

carlsson wrote:In the category "odd trivia", I noticed the Statistics 1 cassette has a label on top of another, generic label. I carefully lifted the outer label to find out that it is a Sony branded tape, C60 or thereabouts. I don't know if this is original CreatiVision or if the distributor got to copy the contents onto whatever tapes they had at hand and slapped CreatiVision labels onto them.
well, many Creativision tapes are standard tapes (mostly Sony) with VTech sticker applied on it. Most tapes are made with clear plastic, and the "hidden" label is white/orange.

It's original. ;)
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Nope, no stickers on the tapes. That is why I explicitely wrote international editions. I will get back to you with scans and requested info later on.

Out of the two pairs of hand controllers, one worked perfectly while on the other the left hand controller is partly dead and the right hand controller most of the keys work badly. The console itself also seems a bit shaky in operation. I traded the best pair of controllers to my friend. Out of the rest I will put together one console of best possible quality and turn the other into a spare console.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:49 pm

carlsson wrote:Nope, no stickers on the tapes. That is why I explicitely wrote international editions. I will get back to you with scans and requested info later on.
OK please scan everything at 300 DPI and save as PNG.

when scanning BASIC manual, please remove front cover and pages from the plastic spiral. scan black/white pages in "greyscale" mode, that's enough to me. ;)
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 am

I got all your scans - thank you!

Congratulations and a special "thank you" for providing me pics of the newly-discovered Statistics I tape in "Creativision" version. It's a superb finding, please contact me if you ever decide to sell it! :-)
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:26 am

I forgot you requested a WAV recording of that one. I might handle it tonight, if I can find a working tape recorder.