Tetris

Talk about programming of homebrew games only.
Mobsie

Tetris

Post by Mobsie » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:54 am

Soon we have our CV Tetris. One player mode is finish. Two Player mode soon, i hope as xmas gift.
First screen:
tetris.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Tetris

Post by MADrigal » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:23 pm

oh my god!! you're an incredible source of ideas and games! :D :D :D :D

but i would be truly happy if you could complete one game and make it fully playable. c'mon mobsie, make us a christmas gift and produce the first 100% playable homebrew game for creativision! ;)

ps. the "pit" is very large: 20 blocks as opposed to the "standard" 10.

do you think it would be possible to fit 2 "standard" pits in the screen, as opposed to 1 single "large" one?
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:40 pm

yes, we have later a two player mode at the same time. Then with 2 smaller "pit". BUT i have some hidden ideas and need the big one.
Yes i know, normal better to finish one game and then start the next.
This i will do later, at the moment after i write some stuff that drive me "brain deed" like the scroll stuff in the scramble demo (from VDP Ram to VDP RAM etc.) i need some easy thinks. And better make some easy stuff but no pause :D
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Nice! I agree that Tetris should not be wider than 10 columns, unless you are making a special variant of the game that somehow will remain playable even with different properties.

I suppose one of the bigger hurdles is where to store logical data for games, as it is cumbersome to read the VDP. At least that is what I keep returning to thinking about for future Creativision games. The onboard 1K is plenty compared to Atari 2600, TI-99/4A or Colecovision but still rather little amount of memory even compared to the VIC-20 that I'm used with.
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:18 am

i try to develop my idea, when it take to much time i will close the idea and make the standard version.
RAM for me is no problem, on the TI-99/4a we have only 256kb. They guy who made the scramble game for the TI was able to handle with this 256kb.
In my demos ( i don`t call it games ) i store the sprite table, all game vars. etc in the free RAM and have still a lot free.

In the Shamus for example i hold the sprite-table, the array for the shoot, the arrays for the enemies atc. all in the RAM.

On the TI-99 he use the 32kb RAM expansion for the Scramble MAP data because the TI is really slow also in ASS.

I store the compresed part of the map i use actual in one part of the VDP, from here i decompress 1/3 screen in one frame to the of screen vdp name table.
Then after 3 frames the name table will be switch to the new one.

This all in the VBI, and here also still a lot time free.
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:50 am

little update video here, i have time trouble. Every year before xmas the same!
http://youtu.be/7JuArPfJVcI

For the "game select" i use now complete bios functions like all the other games. Is 100% CV like and save a lot code.
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 am

Sorry, i post the wrong Video.
Here the actual.
http://youtu.be/ET1PeFwsI4g
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Now it looks like i wan`t.
http://youtu.be/1px0dZSXWWI
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Gah, I was waiting for the first line to be removed, but the video ended before it happened! ;)
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:13 pm

very soon you can download the Tetris Game with the Player One Mode finish. I have to much other thinks to do, also my CV hardware projects.
Then later i finish the rest and we have a full Tetris game. Next year Galaxy Ranger and some hidden projects follow :idea: