Site news (year 2016)

Please read before attempting to register and posting!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Site news (year 2016)

Post by MADrigal » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:19 pm

1st January, 2016

Happy new year everybody! 2015 has been an important year for the CreatiVision community, thanks to the restless CSL Team who released the wonderful CSL Module after over one year of development!
Hopefully 2016 will be as generous as 2015 in terms of development of new software programs and games.

Meanwhile, I am sure that you will love the new scans and photos of rare CreatiVision and Laser 2001 items that I am adding to the database. This is the list of new files:

Releases/Hardware:
- CreatiVision MK-II, Laser 500 variant (German manual)
- Salora Manager (codes of box and manuals)

Releases/Software:
- Crazy Chicky, South African version (manual)
- Deep Sea Adventure, Salora Manager version (manual)
- Tennis, CreatiVision version (later box variant)
- Who's For Tennis, Hanimex Rameses version (box, cartridge)
- CSL Module, homebrew (box, cartridge, tape interface)

Thanks to Jarkko Pitajamaki, Oreste Antignano, Gernot Hirth and Thomas Gutmeier for providing the materials and unvaulable support!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Site news (year 2016)

Post by MADrigal » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:05 pm

21st March, 2016

A totally unexpected and great piece of news today!

I very recently came across a previously unknown variant of the "Tennis" cartridge, branded by Dick Smith Electronics. This features a very noticeable graphics element that differs to all the previously known versions of the game: the advertising banner behind the tennis court which is, in this particular case, yellow/cyan/black.

This is not the first time I come across variants of the Tennis game, featuring different graphics. This is, in fact, the fourth known version of the game ROM.

According to the manufacturing dates printed on the game ROMs, I understand that this version of the game was the first ever produced for the Australian market, specifically for Dick Smith Electronics. Probably a short-lived version, soon replaced by the one we all know (that is, the one with red/blue/white advertising banner).

This is the list of new files available for download:

Releases/Software:
- Tennis, Dick Smith Electronics (box with extra "Dick Smith Championship" sticker)

Downloads/Emulators:
- CreatiVe-UI V. 1.11, now compatiblw with the newly dumped Tennis ROM

Downloads/ROMs:
- Tennis, Dick Smith Electronics R1, earlier

Big thanks to my good friend, Herman Hermitage from Hobart, for providing tech support to dump the precious EPROMs. Thanks, buddy!

Enjoy! :)
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Site news (year 2016)

Post by MADrigal » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:36 am

Yet another juicy update to the archives today, including new homebrew videogames and photos/scans of rare stuff from Finland and Australia. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Flyers: An ultra rare 2-page promo flyer has surfaced recently, probably one of the rarest ever:
- Hanimex Rameses personal computer/video entertainment system - flyer (Australia, 1982)

Releases/Hardware: scans of rare manuals from our relentless Finnish contributor, Jarkko:
- Disk Drive - operating manual (Salora Manager)
- Disk Drive - DOS handbook (Salora Manager)
- Disk Drive Controller - instructions manual (Salora Manager)

Releases/Software: new scans of rare items originally released in Australia for the Funvision and Rameses. The list of missing items is getting shorter little by little. Every small piece counts...
- Planet Defender - instructions manual (Funvision)
- Who's For Tennis? - overlays (Hanimex Rameses)

Downloads/ROMs: I am very proud of introducing the very first games officially released on ROM for the CreatiVision, both developed by Michael Obsieger of the CSL Team. Please note that other games have been developed in the past, however none of which has been completed and released officially.
- Blocks 1.0, a Tetris clone featuring very cool game modes
- Escape 1.0, which very much resembles Escape from the MCP

Downloads/Emulators:
- CreatiVe-UI V. 1.12, now compatible with the newly published ROMs

Big thanks to Jarkko Pitajamaki and Michael Obsieger!