Site news (year 2010)

Please read before attempting to register and posting!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Site news (year 2010)

Post by MADrigal » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:12 pm

January 9th, 2010
Happy new year everybody! Here's the best way for a CreatiVision fan to start the new decade, thanks to my good friend Paul Rahme who just released a brand new game: Kapooka - a cool combination of classic logic games as Soko-Ban/Boxy Boy and Boulderdash.

Paul originally designed and released the game on Linux many years ago, and now he made his first attempt in programming the CreatiVision BASIC. He solved many problems due to hardware limitations, but in the end he's been capable of including a sturdy 11 game levels in a bunch of lines of code.

The game is available for download on the BASIC programs page. You can use it on the real console, or you may want to try it on emulators like FunnyMu Unofficial or CvEmu2, which allow you to load it with a single hit on the keyboard.

An additional "debug version" listing and instructions on how to create your own levels are included in the game archive. Very well done, Paul!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:05 am

June 12th, 2010
Long time no updates to the website... been extra busy these months, but I'm finally back with a few very juicy additions!

I just got fresh scans from Dick Smith Electronics catalogues from 1983/84 and 1984/85, with the full list of Wizzard stuff available on sale those days. Thanks go to kindest mr. Gerry van der Berk and Marty Machine, both from Australia.

But the most juicy news is that I finally put my hands on a boxed Hanimex Rameses console, and finally had the chance to shoot pictures of console, TV balun, box, etc. Plus the Rameses Invaders game cartridge, and joystick overlay. Thanks go to mr. Paul and Georgina Kuhnast from Australia.

All files are downloadable from the usual Books, Releases/hardware and Releases/software pages. Enjoy!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re:

Post by MADrigal » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:47 pm

July 14th, 2010
A "cool" update on a very "hot" summer day! I just got stuff from Australia, Austria and South Africa and promptly shot pictures and scanned manuals, carts, etc.

New images/PDF's are: a Laser 2001 German manual (140 pages, thanks to kindest contributor Thomas Gutmeier), boxes and carts scans from Funvision games (Air/Sea Attack, Mouse Puzzle and Planet Defender, thanks to Anthony Beckett), and Telefunken MicroTEK cassette tape module manual (thanks to Brendan Chidrawi).

All files are available for download from the usual Releases/hardware and Releases/software pages.