videopac infects yet another forum!

Post here first, tell us about yourself, your interests, your country...
videopac

videopac infects yet another forum!

Post by videopac » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:11 am

Hi!

My name is Rikard Ljungkvist and I reside in Sweden. I have been an active collector of old computers, video games, calculators, videoplayers since many, many years! (Since I am soooo old!) I was born in Stockholm in 1963 and now I live in the famous "prison city" of Kumla :D

The thrust of my collecting has been directed in different directions during my collecting years, sometimes I am into video games, sometimes coputers. Now I am in a computer phaze 8-)

CreatiVision was never big in Sweden, from what I can remember. But in the early 80's I did buy a lof of computer magazines and that was where I found information on the CreatiVision. Got impressed by the clever controller/keyboard design. I never got around to get a unit at that time, but since then I have had a few of them!

So my first computer was instead a Telmac 1800, bought in 1978 (or 79, how could I remember?!), years before the CreatiVision. The Telmac was based on the nice RCA1802 processor and I really loved that computer.

So, this is a short intro of myself. Feel free to ask any questions should you feel so inclined! :)
carlsson

Re: videopac infects yet another forum!

Post by carlsson » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:14 am

Welcome! I should add that Videopac is my "provider" of creatiVision and Laser stuff.

Hm, it was not my intention to make it sound like he's a drug dealer, but something akin. ;-)
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:11 am

I wish to say welcome to Rikard.

Rikard is a very important contributor to the CreatiVEmu project, since he lent me a load of cartridged, back in 2000, and I could dump them into ROMs - needed to study the console hardware and code the emulator.

He also presented me of a rare Swedish BASIC cartridge, which I still keep as a little treasure. :)

Rikard is also moderator at the main Swedish videogaming forum - sorry I dont have the link here, so please Rikard post the link here and include it in your signature/profile. ;)
videopac

Post by videopac » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 am

Thanks for the welcome! :)

The forum mentined is:

http://www.vintagegames.se

There is an english part of the forum that we would like to get more non Swedish visitors to look at! Please note that you will have to register to even browse the forum!