Hello from JPx72

Post here first, tell us about yourself, your interests, your country...
jpx072

Hello from JPx72

Post by jpx072 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:55 am

Hi!
I am JPx72 and I am a collector of oldschool video-consoles!
My homeland is Slovakia and I have stumbled upon this forum by searching a way to get some composite output for my CreatiVision MK-II, that found a way to my home from (if I understand it right) Scouter3d, a member here! This machine was laying around for quite some time among all that Megadrives and Nintendoes that fill my videogame-hive :) but recently I changed my job and all of a sudden, I found some free time!

I started my path with one of these chinese-knockoff's of 8-bit NES and after that, aquired my first 16MHz 286. Ok ok, maybe it was just 12 MHz :D (recently I found a 80287 mathematical co-processor on eBay and I am eager to find out what it can do when I insert it in that empty socket on that old 286 board!).
My education and job are miles away from anything "electronical" , but I got my know how mostly from my father - electrician and one of the best TV fixers around :) Not any more, since the new TVs are all just "one giant chip with million legs" and a screen. But I remember walking inside my father's workplace, seeing those big-ass "harddisks" with magnetical tapes, floppies the size of a LP (twice as big as 5,25", don't remember seeing those anywhere else since). Was just "robotron" magic!

Anyway my main interest always lays in all that joytick-console-TV fun, making my own carts and ridiculous mods. Hope to find some great stuff on this forum, and most importantly, meet some great people! I am not a quick-replier, but if you have time, I will always reply to your PM!

Cheers!
Last edited by jpx072 on Thu May 08, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mobsie

Re: Hello rom JPx72

Post by Mobsie » Thu May 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Welcome to the Forum!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Hello from JPx72

Post by MADrigal » Thu May 08, 2014 5:35 pm

You are very very very welcome here!

You'll find very talented and passionate people here, many of them are real hardware experts who could help you with any question. ;)