Hello from Finland

Post here first, tell us about yourself, your interests, your country...
jvaltane

Hello from Finland

Post by jvaltane » Sun May 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Hello,

I'm hobbyist collector of all kinds of old computer and console stuff. After some googling I realized that I have had about 15 years such rare machine on my hands, Salora Manager. I live in Finland and I earn my living as Linux software developer.

I started my computer career with C64 in 80. Later I changed C64 to Amiga500 then to Amiga1200. I bought my first PC when I was studying. Now I own several Amigas, Macs (68k and PPC) and PC:s, VIC20, C64, C128D, Salora Manager, handhelds (gp2x, psp, nds, Pandora...), gameconsoles (megadrive, dreamcast, wii...).

One thing connects all of these machines: I am able to compile own programs to all of them. I do not buy any machine if I'm limited to use only commercial products.

- joni
- Joni
Scouter3d

Re: Hello from Finland

Post by Scouter3d » Sun May 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

Do you own any peripherals for the Manager? or any Commercial or selfwritten Software? Handbooks? Manuals?...

Greetings from Austria, TOM:0)
jvaltane

Post by jvaltane » Mon May 12, 2014 11:25 am

Scouter3d wrote:Hi,

Do you own any peripherals for the Manager? or any Commercial or selfwritten Software? Handbooks? Manuals?...
Manuals: Scans of manuals are already on the way to MADrigal. Those all are in finnish.
  • pikaopas. It is short (about 40 pages) guide how you can operate with Salora Manager
  • basic handbook
  • gamemanuals
  • datacasettemanual
Pheriperals: Somewhere I have datacasetterecorder (Salora Fellow)

Games: I have only three game-cartridges
  • Hyppivä poliisi (Plice jump)
  • Auton takaa-ajo (Auto chase)
  • Chopper rescue
Selfwritten software: I once wrote simple-snake like game with basic to Manager. Casette just refused to work last time I tried it. There will be more as soon as I learn some Manager specific stuff.

Pictures of my setup: As soon as I and/or my photographer friend have some spare time.
- Joni
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Mon May 12, 2014 11:34 am

Welcome!