Hi from Sydney Australia

Post here first, tell us about yourself, your interests, your country...
tcdev42

Hi from Sydney Australia

Post by tcdev42 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:32 pm

I recognise a few of the names in here, no doubt some of you will recognise me!?!

I've been a retro computer/console/arcade enthusiast for over 20 years now!

I'm an electronics design and software engineer by trade, and have a very broad interest in retro gaming, in terms of not only covering a wide range of systems, but the fact that my interests also encompass collecting (systems, games and some manuals/books), modern interfacing/enhancements, both software and hardware (FPGA) emulation, and also (most recently) porting/homebrew.

Although I knew of the Creativision (or rather, Dick Smith Wizzard as it was known in Australia) back in the day, I never used one nor knew anyone that owned one. Like kevtris, I do have some experience with some of the chips though (including the VDP), both via FPGA design and also software porting. Very recently (as in tonight!) a colleague & friend - who also happens to be a retro gaming enthusiast - acquired a Wizzard and as a result I'm interested in acquiring one as well. No surprise to anyone here that they go for a pretty penny these days, at least here in Australia! So it may be some time before I happen across one that I can afford! ;)

Regardless, through the magic of emulation I've already fired up Planet Defender tonight. And since I'm going through a "porting" phase right now, I might just be tempted to have a go at porting something to the CV. :)

Finally, a shameless plug for my retro projects blogs: NGPACE & RETROPORTS!
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Sydney Australia

Post by MADrigal » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 pm

A very quick but warm welcome to you, from Italy. :-)

There are quite a few very talented programmers and hardware experts on thie forum, I am pretty sure that you'll find useful information and occasions to cooperate.

Welcome!