Hello from Sydney, Australia

Post here first, tell us about yourself, your interests, your country...
ctb1368

Hello from Sydney, Australia

Post by ctb1368 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:17 am

I am new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. The first ever computer I used when I was about 11 yrs old was a PDP8 that my uncle had assembled. He owned his own computer company selling CP/M based mini computers when the personal computer revolution hit and he was experimenting with the competition. When I showed this early interest in computing my parents asked my uncle what computer they should buy me, he told them to buy me a Dick Smith Wizzard. I cut my teeth on BASIC with my Wizzard, tried and failed to impress a girl with my programming skills and eventually ended up with a successful career in IT via a Bachelor of Eduction in Science and Computing. I have amassed a fairly large Wizzard collection, I think I have 6 or 7 of them, 1 fully boxed, and various tape drives, keyboards etc. I also have a large collection of Dick Smith CAT computers (Apple II compatible) and a large Apple II and Mac collection. All I want is more time and space to play with all my toys.

Please be patient with my questions as start getting up to speak with my Wizzard again.

//Craig
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Sydney, Australia

Post by MADrigal » Thu May 05, 2016 10:33 am

Craig, you are more than welcome here.

Please feel free to browse the forum, search for informations, diagrams, repair tutorials, discussions on new and forthcoming software and homebrew hardware...

Dont miss to read the thread about the CSL Module, and the numerous threads about the forthcoming games for the Wizzard :-)

PS we should catch up for a coffee one of these days :-)
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Thu May 05, 2016 10:35 am

PS This is the CSL module:

viewtopic.php?p=2332#p2332
MADrigal
Site Admin

Post by MADrigal » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:12 am

Hey do you wish to catch up and go through each other's stuff/collection to see if we can help?
I am based in Canterbury (inner west) and work in Town Hall Mon-Fri 9-5