Thank you for the ad Luca

Post here first, tell us about yourself, your interests, your country...
kakaboy

Thank you for the ad Luca

Post by kakaboy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:20 am

Hello fellow Creativ/Dick Smith Wiz lovers, so I have discovered today I have had my Creativision for 11yrs...literally stored after the purchase due to not working controllers (apparently a common problem)

I was probably 13 when mum bought us the Dick Smith Wizard. I hung out at Dick Smith along with Myers games section loving on all the different computer and console platforms. Saturday morning was my favourite day of the week. I thought Creativision had probably the best Space invader port of all the consoles. I dont think the Dick Smith Wizard got as much love in Australia like the Creativision did in Europe. It was a very prominent part of my growing up along with the commodore 64 and Colecovision.

Im looking forward to getting my console up to scratch and post some pics in the future.

live long and prosper!
Scouter3d

Re: Thank you for the ad Luca

Post by Scouter3d » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:24 am

Hi kakaboy and welcome to the forum!
cheshirenoir

Post by cheshirenoir » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:46 am

Hey kakaboy.
Welcome to the channel. Memories of shopping in Myers (Or at least, wandering around to stare at the systems I could never afford) for computers brings back positive memories for me too.

Scouter3d and I are working on solutions to your controller issues. I think we'll start having answers within the next few months :-)

John
Mobsie

Post by Mobsie » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:17 am

Welcome here,
yes the Creativision is one of the best, it was only the wrong time.
But memories are great, i will never forget when i saw it first time in Germany in my hometown, it was the guy who wrote „ werben und informieren“
kakaboy

Post by kakaboy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:51 am

Thanks Chesh and Mobsie, Glad i wasnt the only person looking and dreaming Chesh. Very fond memories and find myself collecting the consoles I had as a kid only exception is the Atari woodie 6 switch, which is where my love for these things began but never had the chance to own an ATARI. so just to feel a little more complete Its now in my collection :D

Super excited about the controller board development! Ill be lining up for these when they are ready :D

The same issue in Australia Mobsie. We only had the Creativision in the Dick Smith stores and a little late and very little marketing. Although I knew what I was looking at and hoped it would become more. Still has one of the best Space Invader ports and the defender clone was amazing!