Old dude from Utah USA

Post here first, tell us about yourself, your interests, your country...
j03m4n

Old dude from Utah USA

Post by j03m4n » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:50 pm

HI everyone!
I am Joe, an emulation fanatic. I Discovered CreatiVision through MAME/MESS. Big Thanks to Luca and everyone else who have contributed to this site. I have been experimenting with tape loading, and after much failure, have had some recent successes that I'd like to share and maybe my efforts will end up adding content. Looking forward to getting my hands on wav2txt to see if my .wav files are fully intact.
Do the other emulators support tape loading? I haven't been able to get .wav files to load into either of the windows based emulators. I haven't tried the Nintendo DS one.
I was thinking of writing some simple basic games for this in basic, and I was going to revisit the c64 (my 8-bit from ages ago), but then, via this site, I discovered Fabrizio Caruso's Cross-lib (the coolest thing I've seen for the retro scene). I can develop for both at the same time! (or at least I'm going to try).
Anyway, nice meeting you all. Happy retro computing!
Joe
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Old dude from Utah USA

Post by MADrigal » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 pm

You are very very welcome Joe! And thanks for all your help with fixing the old WAV files :-)
wavemotion

Re: Old dude from Utah USA

Post by wavemotion » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:37 am

ColecoDS does not directly support cassette loading for the CreatiVision.

From my readme:

Cassette loading is not directly supported but you can load in BASIC listings from an ASCII source such as you would find at https://www.madrigaldesign.it/creativemu/ To get BASIC programs to work, you copy any CreatiVision BASIC ROM version and name it as the same base filename as the .BAS file. Note: there are 4 versions released and some CV BASIC games were designed for a specific version and might not run right in other versions.

For example, if you want to run kapooka.bas (a fun game!), take one of the basic ROM files and rename it kapooka.cv. When you load kapooka.cv it will launch BASIC and then you can hit the little Cassette Icon to automatically load the corresponding kapooka.bas file into memory and run it.