Introducing Scouter3d

Post here first, tell us about yourself, your interests, your country...
Scouter3d

Introducing Scouter3d

Post by Scouter3d » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:24 am

Hi everybody, my name is Thomas Gutmeier and i live in Austria.

I was born in 1969 went to school, became a technical engineer and studied "Datentechnik" wich is a short form of informatik.
I started writing Programms in COBOL for a big german company, then i changed to a small firm as a Computer Animator using DGS, Alias Power Animator, 3D Studio Max and Maya. When the multimedia hype started i did a lot of interactive CD-Roms, Video Cutting and my last Projects contained mainly interactive 3D Environments (interactive museums). Since 2005 i changed my profession and now i work as a shaman / Energyhealer.

My personal computer history: Sinclair ZX81, Commodore VC20, Atari 800XL, Acorn Electron, Amiga 500 and sice then many Mac´s and Pc´s. The only computer i kept was the Acorn Electron (nobody wanted to buy it from me ...).

My love for these computers never ended an a few years ago i started collecting vintage computers, since then my collection is growing (nearly 100 computers and games).

I own a german Laser 2001 and a "Basic Programmierhandbuch", but the computer came with no PSU so i searched for years for the specifications of the PSU and finally found it here (thanks to Luca) As i thought the CreatiVision and the Laser 2001 are nearly identical. Now i was able to start the Laser and i let out a little cry of happyness as i saw the Bootscreen!

Many greetings TOM:-)
carlsson

Re: Introducing Scouter3d

Post by carlsson » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:44 am

Welcome! As I've been informed in private conversation with Luca, your Laser 2001 seems to be partly different from my Laser 2001 so it was a good thing you got assistance before trying to power it yourself.
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Introducing Scouter3d

Post by MADrigal » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi Thomas, glad to meet you here. ;)

I'm also an Engineer (Architectural Engineer) and am quite familiar with 3D modeling software (for example, I modeled the plastic casing of the Multicart and Diagnosticart) like 3Dmax and AutoCAD. I also tried Maya once, but never actually spent much time on it.

Thanks much for your self-introduction, now we know quite a lot about you and your passion on computers. ;)

I personally wanted a Vic-20, but my dad bought me a C64, and I used it for circa 15 years. Then I had PC 486 etc... Never owned a Creativision or Laser till the very last few years (Creativision in 2001 and Salora Manager in 2009).

Cant wait to get scans from the Laser 2001 German handbook! Thanks much in advance! ;)