Story of a creativision repair...

Discuss the CreatiVision hardware: models, revisions, fixing, hacking and modding.
Scouter3d

Story of a creativision repair...

Post by Scouter3d » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi,

Madrigal urged me to translate the story about my two CratiVision repairs (one Dick Smith Wizzard and one Hanimex Rameses) into english...

Both Consoles had no picture on the screen, broken controllers and one broken PSU...

Read the full story here: http://www.8bit-homecomputermuseum.at/r ... glish.html

Greetings TOM:-)
MADrigal
Site Admin

Re: Story of a creativision repair...

Post by MADrigal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks very much, dearest Tom! This is very very helpful, specially the part on the PSU repair.

Original cv PSU are very fragile, and I found many broken in the past, and had no idea how to fix them. :-)
carlsson

Post by carlsson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:54 pm

I see you fixed bad hand controllers. I've got a few that aren't up to full function. A friend of mine also tried to clean his (*) and apply metal ink on bad traces, but he didn't get full connectivity nonetheless. Either we are clumsy, or you got lucky to fix yours?

(*) About every second collector in my city has one or more Creativision units...
Scouter3d

Post by Scouter3d » Wed May 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi,

Cleaning / repairing the handcontrollers is a tedious work and i opend/closed them a hundred times till they finally worked...
It helps when you measure the connection on all contacts at the console-end of the cable and also check the solderjoints on the small PCB inside the controller (i had a bad thru-connection on one of my PCB´s) and i had 2 bend pins on the console-plugs.

Greetings TOM:-)